Classic Molasses Popcorn Balls Recipe
This recipe makes wonderful crisp-chewy caramel popcorn balls that taste a bit like Cracker Jacks. Add some peanuts to make them even more Cracker-Jacky, and be sure to use a molasses with a nice flavor for the best result. Makes about 40 classic Halloween popcorn balls.
This easy popcorn ball recipe calls for plain granulated sugar, but feel free to use brown sugar to give them a richer flavor.
1 C. granulated sugar
3/4 C. light corn syrup
1/4 C. molasses
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
8 quarts (1 gallon) popped popcorn, unpopped kernels removed
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, molasses, butter, and salt.
2. Bring to a simmer, and cook over medium for about 3 1/2 minutes.
3. Pour mixture over popcorn.
4. Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. With greased hands, form into popcorn balls.
6. Let cool on greased baking sheets or waxed paper.
Post a Comment