Wednesday, March 19, 2014

An idea I want to remember

This is what we call Irish Planning.

I have been awake for almost 36 hours. If this still makes sense when I wake up, I'll take it under consideration.


Kickstarter or Indiegogo Campaign:

The Year of Writing Dangerously

The goal is to raise enough money that I can live on it and write books, to be published through Inkstained Succubus for cost effectiveness.

Steps:

1) figure out how MUCH money. Living Expenses and publishing expenses. Convention Travel expenses.
2) Figure out rewards.
3) Make video
4) Set up Livejournal/Blogger for the contributors to talk to.

During this year, defined as 12 months, I must write 3 novels and 6 short stories. That's about 200,000 words, which isn't quite 1000 words a day.

Reward ideas (Each level includes all the previous rewards):

Included in the dedication
Early releases
Paperbacks
A vote on which story comes next
A book signing in your city.
My backlist


So I throw this out to you, my loyal readers, friends and fanbase: Do you think I could potentially raise about $60,000 for expenses and publishing and travel?  Do you have ideas for rewards?

No comments: