Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Social media and numbers

I've had social media for a long time. My LJ is 13 years old.

And I was asked to sort out my media, check out the numbers. Gaining followers has never been a huge motivation, so I don't try.  I'm kind of surprised the numbers.

Where to find me around the net:

Author sites: www.brooksandsparrow.com

Blogvalarltd.livejournal.com   317 friends, some of whom are dead

I don't say the dead part jokingly. We've lost a few to various causes over the year. I thought the number was higher. It cross-posts to LJ and Twitter.

angelsparrow.blogspot.com    4 followers. I average 30-40 views per entry.

This is us here. Because it crossposts to facebook, Google+ and twitter, it brings in readers

Amazon Author Page: www.amazon.com/Angelia-Sparrow/e/B003B5AFY2

Facebook (account and page)
Angelia Sparrowwww.facebook.com/angelia.sparrow    950 friends, at least 10 of which are dead

Again not joking on the dead part. I had a pretty good grasp. And I know only about 100 people see any given post and only 50 or so will like it. My LJ, Tumbler, Blogger and Pinterest all crosspost here

Author Angelia Sparrowwww.facebook.com/AuthorAngeliaSparrow    328 total page likes


Google+, Angelia Sparrow,   332 people in my circles
plus.google.com/u/0/104234724695623603043/posts/p/pub

I can't get the hang of this piece of media. I try, but revert to just crossposting.

Twitter: asparrow16 twitter.com/asparrow16   320 followers

My LJ, blogger and Pinterest all crosspost here. I do not like the format. It posts back to my LJ.



Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/valarltd/   414 followers

I was surprised that iI had so many. I love this piece of media. It appeals on a lot of levels.

Other SN platforms:
Tumblrwww.tumblr.com/blog/valarltd    70 followers

I like Tumblr, but it's mostly my fannish activity these days. A mix of SW, SPN, HP and Inception, with lots of knitting and crochet.


LinkedInwww.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=35216248    222 connections

Another thing i haven't gotten the hang of.

Goodreadswww.goodreads.com/author/show/2476859.Angelia_Sparrow  310 friends

My blogger crossposts here. but I find the groups tedious.

Dreamwidthvalarltd.dreamwidth.org/   11 followers

 (this is a backup to LJ)

MySpacemyspace.com/valarltd  171 connections

Haven't used this in 5 years. Need to get back to it.

Instagraminstagram.com/valarltd/ 65 followers

Figuring this one out.

No comments: